The under-representation of women scientists at senior positions in academia is a known fact and it is highly crucial to take measures especially at the early career stages to tackle this disparity. As a research center hosting many early career researchers within its structure, the CRC 235 has the perfect structure to contribute to the improvement of the equality between men and women in academic/scientific community.
For this purpose, under the regulations of German Research Foundation (DFG), the CRC 235 provides financial support to its members through three different categories:
To better prepare the female scientists for the competitive job market, following activities are financially supported by CRC 235:
- Attendance to Mentoring Programs
- Attendance to Transferable Skill, Management Workshops, etc.
- Individual Career Coaching
- Attendance to Networking, Career Development, Coaching Events, etc.
To train the members about gender associated difficulties, problems and how to fight with these, the following activities are financially supported by CRC 235:
- Attendance to Workshops/Conferences on Gender Equality
- Attendance to Workshops/Courses on Gender Related Challenges
- Counseling due to Gender-Related Issues
To assist the members with family responsibilities in family and career compatibility, following activities are financially supported by CRC 235:
- Attendance to Workshops on Career with Family
- Emergency Childcare
- School-Holiday Activities
- Setting up an Office at Home
- Student/Technical Assistant to Releive from Routine Tasks