Scientific Writing and Publishing
This online course is offered by Nature Masterclasses and prepared by the editors of Nature journals. It offers training in scientific writing and publishing at all levels ranging from student to PI level. The modular content allows the users to access directly the related content rather than following a predefined structure. The content is especially helpful during writing period.
How to get a subscription?
CRC 235 Emergence of Life has access codes for its members so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive one if you are interested.
How long my access code is valid?
Our subscription starts at Thursday, 1 October 2020 and is valid for a year until 1 October 2021.
- 3-part course with 3 certificates
- prepared by 36 editors from 20+ Nature Research journals
- 11 hours of learning
- 10-minute sessions
- English language captions and transcripts
- Develop writing skills and confidence writing for journals
- Understand editorial processes and what editors look for
- Learn best practices for submitting a paper and peer review
Part 1: Writing a Research Paper
- What makes a great paper?
- Elements of writing style
- Titles and abstracts
- From introduction to conclusion
- Data management
- Data presentation
Part 2: Publishing a Research Paper
- Authorship and authors’ responsibilities
- Selecting a journal for publication
- Submitting your paper
- Understanding peer review
- Journal decisions
- The editorial process
- Measuring impact
- Plagiarism and other ethical issues
Part 3: Writing and Publishing a Review Paper
- Writing and publishing a review paper